Lorne, Fennell Bay and Fassifern
Part of Fennell Bay and Fassifern used to be known as Lorne. This came from a subdivision called Village of Lorne held in 1881 by JC Bonarius. The name lingered on. There used to be a Lorne Bowling Club in Brougham Avenue in the 1930s. After the bowling club closed the club house was used for quite a few years for functions, receptions and dances.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License