Reece’s Point, Nords Wharf
Aaron Rees, the first titleholder, received a Crown Grant of 80 acres. Reece’s Wharf appears to have belonged to Mr Rees, Reece’s (Rees) Wharf was located at Reece’s Point. By 1875, a steam ferry service, operated by Thomas Russell of Cooranbong, hauled passengers and cargo between Speers Point and Reece’s Wharf. Bullocks were often used to transport the goods from the wharf and over the steep hills to Catherine Hill Bay. Reece’s (Rees) Wharf and Point are less well known today.
May, Robert 2002, Kurrawilla archival record : Kurrawilla guest house 127 Marine Parade Nords Wharf, May+Swan Architects, Waterloo, N.S.W
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License