Liles Oval Complex, Redhead
Named after Norman Ernest Liles, a foundation member of the Redhead Cricket club. In the 1940’s he worked to build the oval, coached and about 1947 was umpiring a cricket match when he died. Residents asked that the oval be named after him. Major improvements to the complex were carried out in 2003.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License