On a 1955 Council map, there were only three recognisable roads in Bennetts Green. Only Groves Road and the Pacific Highway were named. In 1959, the Windale Sewage Treatment Plant was established on the end of Groves Road. This street is in the industrial area. In 1972, a ventilation shaft was sunk for Lambton Colliery.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License