Original name of Glenrock Lagoon and the surrounding area. The area was owned by Dr Mitchell and was named Burwood Estate after the ancestral home of Dr Mitchell's wife Augusta, nee Scott. Burwood Colliery operated from 1851 - 1982. Glenrock Lagoon was originally Burwood Lagoon and was changed to Glenrock around 1900.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License