An Aboriginal word meaning 'beautiful place'. The street was named in 1961. Blacksmiths Primary School opened in this street in 1962.
McCarthy, F. D. (Frederick David) & Australian Museum 1959, The Australian Museum : New South Wales aboriginal place names and euphonious words, with their meanings, 3rd ed, V. C. N. Blight, Government Printer, Sydney
N.S.W. department of Education. 2018. History of New South Wales government schools. [ONLINE] Available at: https://nswgovschoolhistory.cese.nsw.gov.au/schoolHistory?schoolId=748. [Accessed 11 September 2018].
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License