History of Belmont Lagoon - Bibliography
- Australian Bureau of Meteorology. Drought in Australia. Accessed 16 November 2020. https://www.abs.gov.au/AUSSTATS/[email protected]/lookup/1301.0Feature%20Article151988
- Belmont Anti-tank Ditch during WW2. Accessed 4 April 2020 https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Belmont_Anti-Tank_Ditch
- Belmont Lagoon Reserve - Lake Macquarie. Accessed 4 November 2020. https://www.visitlakemac.com.au/belmont/belmont-lagoon-reserve
- Belmont Wetlands State Park Board of Management 2006. Accessed 3 July 2020 https://www.belmontwetlands.com.au/history.html
- Belmont Wetlands State Park Trust. Final Plan of Management (PoM) 2010. Accessed 25 March 2020. https://www.industry.nsw.gov.au/ data/assets/pdf_file/0019/175051/Belmont-wetlands-state-park-pom- january- 2010.pdf
- Boyd, R., Dalrymple, R. and B.A. Zaitlin (1992) Classification of clastic coastal depositional environments. Sedimentary Geology, 80, 139-150.
- City of Lake Macquarie, 2011, Belmont Lagoon Reserve Plan of Management. Accessed 15 November 2020. https://www.lakemac.com.au/files/assets/public/hptrim/parks-and-reserves-planning-management-plans-plans-of- management-for-community-land-2009/final-plan-of-management-for-community-land-version-3.pdf
- Clouten, K.L. Reid’s Mistake. Lake Macquarie Shire Council. Reprinted 1988.
- Dean-Jones, P. Belmont Wetlands State Park Dune Management Plan. Final Draft. Umwelt, September 2019. Dyall, L.K. University of Newcastle NSW. Accessed 20 November 2020. https://downloads.newcastle.edu.au/library/cultural%20collections/awaba/culture/midden.html
- Feletti, G. (2020) Birdlife at Belmont Lagoon 2015-2020. Special Report 10. Accessed 1 December 2020. Downloadable PDF file at www.hboc.org.au/publications/publications/
- Garden Palace Fire 1882. Accessed 5 September 2020. https://www.records.nsw.gov.au/archives/magazine/galleries/garden-palace-fire.
- Ice-age-struck-indigenous-australians-hard. Accessed 20 November 2020. https://www.australiangeographic.com.au/news/2013/09/
- Kidd, R. Coastal dune management: a manual of Coastal Dune Management and Rehabilitation Techniques. NSW Department Land and Water Conservation, Coastal Unit, DLWC Newcastle 2001.
- Lake Macquarie City Council. Belmont Lagoon Reserve Plan of Management. P.O.M. 26. Adopted 10 December 2001.
- Lake Macquarie City Council. Fernleigh Awabakal Shared Track Project. Accessed 2 December 2020. https://www.lakemac.com.au/Projects/Fernleigh-Awabakal-Shared-Track-FAST
- Lake Macquarie Libraries. Belmont Lagoon, Aboriginal Heritage. Accessed 18 November 2020. https://history.lakemac.com.au/page-local- history.aspx?pid=1085&vid=20&tmpt=narrative&narid=3945
- Lambkin, L. Belmont Lagoon. Unpublished notes. 1986. Used with permission from Win Lambkin. October 2020.
- Murray, P. From Bahtahbah to Belmont. A history of Belmont 1826-1926. Reprinted 2005.
- N.S.W. Department of Primary Industries. Coastal wetlands. Accessed 12 November 2020. https://www.dpi.nsw.gov.au/fishing/habitat/aquatic-habitats/wetland/coastal-wetlands
- Reid, P. (2019) Changes in wetland use by shorebirds following mangrove removal, Area E, Ash Island, New South Wales, The Whistler 13 (2019), 62-68.
- Sloss, C. R., Hesp, P. & Shepherd, M. (2012) Coastal Dunes: Aeolian Transport. Nature Education Knowledge. 3(10):21. United States Environmental Agency. What is a wetland? Accessed 12 November 2020. https://www.epa.gov/wetlands/what-wetland
- Soil Landscapes of Gosford-Lake Lake Macquarie. 1:100000 Sheet NSW Department of Conservation and Land Management Soil Landscape Series Sheets 9131-9231.
- Winning, G. and K. Markwell Lake Macquarie Wetlands Inventory. Report prepared for Lake Macquarie City Council by Shortland Wetlands Centre. Unpublished. June 1989.
- Woodward, C., Shulmeister, J., and D. Bell (2014) A Holocene record of climate and hydrological changes from Little Llangothlin Lagoon, south eastern Australia. Accessed 20 November 2020. https://doi.org/10.1177/0959683614551218
Index of Images with hyperlinks to maps or photos in Appendix (for A History of Belmont Lagoon)
1. Excerpt of Map of Lake Macquarie and wetlands including Belmont Lagoon
2. Excerpt of 1942 Cartographic map of NE Lake Macquarie including Belmont Lagoon
3. 2020 Photograph of wetlands species foraging at Belmont Lagoon
4. Excerpt of 1874 Crown Plan N174-2111 with Portions around Belmont township
5. Excerpt of 1885 Parish of Kahibah map, Newcastle Land District
6. Excerpt of 2016 Newcastle Hunter Area Coastal Quaternary Geological map showing Belmont Lagoon
1.https://portal.spatial.nsw.gov.au/portal/home/webmap/viewer.html?useExisting=1 Accessed 12/8/20.
2.Excerpt of cartographic map G8960 s63, Lake Macquarie N.S.W. Prepared by Australian Section Imperial General Staff 1:63,360. 1942.
3.Avian species feeding on Belmont Lagoon. 25 September 2020. Photographer: Grahame Feletti
4. Crown Plan N174-2111. Accessed at Crown Land Archives, Kingswood, NSW on 13 August 2020.
5. Parish of Kahibah, Northumberland County Map. www.hlrv.nsw.lrs.com.au Sheet Ref. 1, Edition Year 1885. Accessed NSW Land Registry Services, 16 July 2020.
6. Troedson, A.L. and Deyssing, L. 2016. Newcastle-Hunter Area. 1:100 000 and 1:25 000, Coastal Quaternary Geology Map Series, Geological Survey of NSW, Department of Industry Resources and Energy, Maitland.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License