Third Street, Boolaroo
Third Street was part of the 1899 Sulphide Corporation subdivision. During the 1930's, council decided to re-name Third Street as James Street after a former shire councillor. This was later reversed. The Co-op Store once had a bakehouse here. The first public library in Lake Macquarie was opened by the Shire Council in Third Street on 28 July 1950.
Government Gazette of 24th June 1938, No.99 Folio 2497 "Street now known as James Street to be known as Third Street"
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License