Silverwater is a neighbourhood on the Morisset Peninsula named from the Silver Water Estate subdivision held in 1925. The placename of Silverwater in the Parish of Morisset was assigned the designation of suburb and the boundaries defined on 31 May 1991 in the Lake Macquarie LGA(Source: NSW Geographical Names Board).
Reticulated water came in 1963. (Source: "Pipelines and People" by J Armstrong).
Streets in Silverwater
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License