Brown Street was in the 1889 subdivision held by Creer and Berkeley. The Newcastle Wallsend Coal Co. was the landowner. This street name may have come from Alexander Brown who was a shareholder of this company. Further land sales were held in 1919 by the Newcastle Wallsend Coal Co.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License