Lake Macquarie History

Charles Street

The name of a street off Main Road was changed from William Street to Charles Street to avoid confusion with another street with a same name near the public school.. Charles Street is a 1902 street and was part of Peter Honson's land grant.

Reference

1945 '£395 YET TO BE SPENT', Newcastle Morning Herald and Miners' Advocate (NSW : 1876 - 1954), 25 September, p. 4. , viewed 09 Mar 2019, http://nla.gov.au/nla.news-article134373554