An early road. In the 1889 subdivision part of this road was named Railway Parade. Cricket was played here in 1901 on Peter Honson's property. Myall Colliery opened in 1918 near Garden Suburb. The Cardiff Bowling club began in 1952. Myall is an Aboriginal word meaning 'a small silver grey wattle', this meaning is given for the Myall Lakes. (Source: Australian Place Names by Band B Kennedy). Myall Road is Main Road 7769 leading through Garden Suburb to the West Charlestown Bypass Road.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License