Built in the 1919 subdivision by the Newcastle Wallsend Coal Company in conjunction with Macquarie Road. Named after John Oxley, colonial explorer and surveyor. Eventually its name was changed to Main Road possibly in 1970. Today it is part of Main Road 223.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License