An 1889 street, the landowner is believed to have been Samuel Quintrell. There was a King Street planned also but this apparently became a reserve. Mrs Margaret Edwards from the early Cardiff family gave a substantial donation for the forming of Queens Avenue. The Cardiff dairy farm used to be in this street.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License