Photo Ref: 3357
In 1927 a Memorandum of Agreement was signed between the Toronto 16ft Sailing Club and R.M.Y.C. Rose Bay, and the Royal Motor Yacht Club Newcastle Branch was formed and opened on Saturday 1st November at its present location. The first clubhouse, "Lake Holme", was the former residence of William Arnott (of Arnott's biscuit fame) and family. It was given to the club for use as a clubhouse by the then owner Charles Bacon. Charles Bacon was the publican of Toronto Hotel and lived next door to the RMYC in the Pagoda house.