Lake Macquarie History

Gimbert Street

Originally named William Street, after a family member in John Jones' 1876 subdivision, renamed in later years because there is another William Street in Cardiff. Gimbert Street was named at the request of Cardiff South Progress Association after Albert Edward Gimbert, well known for his work in local affairs, the Progress Association and on various committees'. (Source: NMH 21 May 1957).