Built in 1927 on land owned by T. C. and M. Frith. The Boolaroo Bowling Club, the first in Lake Macquarie, began in 1927 here on land donated by T.C. Frith. Eighth Street was re-named John Street after a former shire councillor.This was later changed back to the original name. Eighth Street became part of Speers Point on 31st May 1991, during defining of the suburb boundary between Boolaroo and Speers Point by the Geographical Names Board.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License