Some historically significant Nissan Huts were erected on Crown land in Harlo Street in 1945. The name Harlo Street was gazetted in 1958 when ownership of the street was transferred to Lake Macquarie Shire Council. It is suggested that the name may have been a misspelling of Harlow, a town in the UK. This is in keeping with the theme of UK street names in Belmont North. Harlo is a companion street name with Somerset, Arlington, and Tamar Streets.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License