This was an unnamed road in 1916 when part was subdivided. The name Ntaba Road was gazetted in 1961.
Ntaba Road was named after a property at 56 Pacific Highway Windale (now Jewells), called Ntaba Park. The property was originally a kennel, and a Mr Walter Hill bred champion dogs there, including German Shepherds and Cocker Spaniels. In the late 1950s, a Mrs Hubbard had a rose nursery there for many years - "Ntaba Park Nursery". Ntaba means mountain in the Zulu language.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License