Lake Macquarie History

Beeson Street

Built in 1921 it was in Charles Ellis's land sale and originally named John Street after a family member, renamed later because there is another John Street in Cardiff. It was renamed Beeson Street at the request of Cardiff South Progress Association to honour an old resident of Cardiff and his family, active in local organisations (Source: "NMH" 21 May 1957).