Lake Macquarie History

Crockett Street

Leads to Warners Bay, it was originally named Henry Street, after a family member in John Jones' 1876 subdivision, renamed in later years because there was another Henry Street in Cardiff. Crockett Street was named at the request of Cardiff South Progress Association to honour an old resident of Cardiff and his family who were active in local organisations. This family established a plaster works in Cardiff South (Source NMH 21 May 1957).