Cross Street was part of John Jones' 1876 subdivision. Several land sales were held in later years including the Florence Estate sales. Mr H R Cross was an executive of the Newcastle Wallsend Coal Company, the land owners of Cardiff. Cross Street may have been named after him.
This work by Lake Macquarie City Library is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License